I came across the following quiz and thought it put things in perspective fairly well. I don’t know who the author of this was, but I like it. Your thoughts?
Take the following quiz:
1. Name the 5 wealthiest people in the world
2. Name the last 5 Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last 2 winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name 10 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last 6 Academy Award winners for best actress, best actor or best anything else.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do? The point is, none of us remember all the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here is another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name 3 friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name 5 people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of 3 people who’ve made you feel appreciated or special.
5. Think of 5 people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
Easier? The lesson? The people who make a difference in life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care. Which are you to your clients?
As a person and as a Real Estate Advisor & Tenant Advocate, I hope my clients mention me in the second list.
Bob Gibbons is a Real Estate Advisor & Tenant Advocate with REATA Commercial Realty, Inc. which is a tenant advisory firm based in Plano, Texas. Bob serves companies in Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Allen, Richardson, Addison, Dallas and the surrounding areas and specializes in companies which lease or buy office and warehouse properties.